Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Post from the Past - Payson Rodeo

Payson Rodeo “Tough Enough to wear Pink”
August 17, 2012

I am going to interject a totally off the topic topic… Rodeos I don’t put them in the same category as the fairs and festivals because they are entirely a show. From start to finish, it is a sporting event with a lot of twists and turns. Bulls flying, horses bucking, ladies turning left and right around the barrels and going at super sonic speeds. It is an incredible feat!! All of it.

This is what I have to say about the rodeos though, they are my favorite sporting event, we have tickets to football, baseball, celebrity games, but the rodeo puts a lump in my throat. Not because I am scared, but because it is one place where you can be really proud to be a part of our country, we pray, we clap, we cheer, and we are all there for each other. Our troops come first, our veterans, we stand for the colors, we sing, and we get misty eyed. And when our flag goes past, we cheer like it is the most important piece of history in the world. There is a level of respect from all ages.

From the tiniest cowboys and girls all the way to the men and women in the booths, we take off our hats, we put our hands on our hearts, and for a few moments, before all the games begin, there is silence, a knowing honorable silence. The youngest children stand quietly, their parents don’t even have to explain, and we are all one.

I have never seen that before or since the rodeos. And it makes me very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fair Thee Well

How it All Began