Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Post from the Past - San Diego County Fair

Del Mar San Diego County Fair
July 16, 2012

I love love Del Mar, what a great fair, there were stilt walkers, aliens from outer space, food trucks. This year was Out of this World, which it was!! I really loved the alien greeters, and the music right when you walk in the front gate. Wait, I love HOW they open their fair in the morning with the raising of the flag and a real salute to our troops and our country!! My favorite magician in the world was there with his amazing shows. Godfrey the Magician always has me laughing or in awe, how he can turn tennis balls into baseballs, or get 10 silver dollars to dance over his fingers, or change the numbers on a die is unbelievable to me!! I love his laugh and his interaction with the kids and adults in the crowd, he is a joy to watch. And Calamity Jo!! She made a banana disappear in front of my very eyes!! I watched her do it three times, and I am telling you right now it is gone!See for yourself on the video if you'd like. I love how she teaches gun safety while someone carefully pulls a trigger and shoots up her stage.

I got to visit some really cool animals in the Area 50-fun building. And on top of that some really cool people. I just love the dedication of the Trekkies and Star Wars fans. They are a blast to talk to, all caught up in their fantasy worlds. And don't mix them up ^_^ I enjoyed the food, Rosa's Mexican food, my eclairs, my ice tea refills all weekend long.

AND WEIRD AL!!!! Oh my gosh what a showman!!! I LOVE him, his music, my new t-shirt and every single minute he was on stage. I had the best seats ever!!

Del Mar never ceases to amaze me. Great maps.

Parking at the Horse park will always be my recommendation. Very clean bathrooms. The rides and games were so much fun, I got a Hello Kitty!!! I especially enjoyed the staff, they were very friendly, and considering that they had to do a lot of foot traffic control and cleaning up the place was very comfortable. Del Mar San Diego County Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fair Thee Well

How it All Began